If Dandy Mott were to stop killing people for a moment, would he reach for:
a) a warm glass of milk?
b) a frayed vintage copy of Good Night Moon?
c) a knitting set?
d) none of the above?
“This is NOT a Pimm’s Cup. Why do you ruin EVERYTHING!!”–Dandydoodle
I think he’d probably reach for a,b, and c, but only after suckling down the sweet, sweet flow of a fruity Pimm’s cup.
This Pimm’s cup I’ve made today is such a perfect summer cocktail of summer cocktails. It has all the right elements. a bit of spice(ginger beer), a hint of tree (rosemary)… a refresher(frozen cucumber puree)… a slap in the face (frozen lemon juice)… some happy (frozen strawberry puree)…something refined (Pimm’s no.1), and some sass (Mint).
You’ll want to plan this one out a few hours ahead so you an freeze all the juices before combining everything, but the prep is minimal.
Here’s a quick video of how it’s done!
- 1 4 inch piece of cucumber (peeled)
- 12 strawberries (stem/tops cut off)
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- ¾ cup Pimm's no 1
- ½ to ¾ cup of Ginger Beer
- sugar to taste (depending on ripeness of strawberries)
- Puree the strawberries in a blender; pour into a bowl and set aside
- Puree/mash the cucumber; pour into a bowl and set aside
- Juice the lemons; pour into a bowl and set aside
- Place the cucumber puree, strawberry puree, and lemon juice into the freezer for approximately 3-4 hours.
- Check on the juices/purees every hour, and turn the freezing liquid with a spoon. If the have already frozen, simply remove them and let them thaw slightly.
- Chop up/mash up the frozen ingredients into snow cone consistency
- Place the iced ingredients into a tall glass
- Add the ginger beer and the Pimm's
- Taste, and if needed, add the sugar.
- Stir the drink a few times
- Garnish with cucumber, rosemary, and/or mint!
Leave a Reply